5 Elements Soil
Soil is the earth element - but without microbes its only geology. For geology to become biology, soil & soil microbes need air, water, food/fire and shelter/space to thrive.
This is what we call as the 5-element soil – it has these features:
1. Healthy soil teeming with microbes (Earth element)
2. Well hydrated (Water element)
3. Well aerated (Air element)
4. High in Organic Matter (Fire Element)
5. Covered/Protected from direct Sun (Ether/Space Element)
We create 5 elements soil by adding commonly available by-product materials like rice husk, cocopeat, compost, ghanjeevamrit, jeevamrit, leaves, mulch, cover crops etc.
All is done with minimum or no tillage as recommended by UN FAO. No tractor, tiller, urea, DAP and the 'cides' etc.